How to Measure Kitchen Replacement Doors & Drawers
- Sketch up a draft plan of your kitchen showing all the doors and drawer fronts in the room.
- Number the doors and drawers, to make sure you have accounted for all drawers and doors
- Make sure the accounted doors and drawer fronts do not have any large gaps The gap between adjoining doors and drawer fronts is to be 4mm.
- Remember to only measure the doors, not the overall cabinet size.
- Measure the back side of the doors rather than the fronts. The back of the doors are usually has a squarer shape, this gives you the most precise measurements.
- Measure the height of the door first, followed by the width of the door in millimetres. Then write down each measurement onto your plan.
- Measure each door individually. Some doors might look the same in size, but can be different sizes.
- Double check all your measurements and note whether the doors are left hand or right hand door.
How to Do Door Hinges Measurement
- For the top hinge position, measure from the top edge of the door to the centre of the top hinge hole position.
- For the bottom hinge position, measure from the bottom edge of the door to the centre of the bottom hinge hole. Be sure to measure every door, as hinge holes position might be different from one door to another.
You can do the following steps in case your door has more than two hinge holes:
- If the door has three hinge holes, measure from the top edge of the door to the centre of the hinge in the middle. If the middle hinge is exactly half way up the door, just specify the position as ‘centre’.
- If the door has four hinge holes, measure the two top hinges from the top edge of the door to the centre of each hinge. Then measure the two bottom hinges from the bottom edge of the door to the centre of each hinge.
Hinge holes are drilled as a standard 35mm diameter hole. Do not worry about the measurements in from the side edge of the doors, as this measurement is always standard at 22.5mm to the centre of hole.
Note: If you are buying units from us or using our standard measurements, the doors will need to be drilled 100mm from the top and 100mm from the bottom. The standard drilling position for doors with four hinge holes (usually over 1700mm high) are 100mm and 750mm from the top edge and 100mm and 750mm from the bottom edge.